February 22, 2008

Today is Buffy's Birthday.

Let's get a couple of things straight. No, Buffy is not a dog. Yes, I have a friend named Buffy and yes, she is real. No, that is not her real name. Technically, she goes by "Elizabeth" now. Buffy is a nickname. If you don't have a friend named Buffy, well....you need to find one. Like, now. Everyone needs a little Buffy in their life.

I've known Buffy forever. I think we met when we were like 2 years old. I can't remember the exact date, but I do know that the moon was in its 7th house and that Jupiter was aligned with Mars that day or whatever.

It was destiny.

Buffy turns 30 today. I am almost positive that she has done about 29 shots already. And it's not even midnight. See, I can't join in the birthday festivities because someone had to go to work and be responsible. And that only leaves me to watch the brats.

I wonder if they'd notice if I left......................?

I could fill an entire night with the tales from my childhood with my dear Buffy.


Happy 30th Buf'!


No comments: