January 23, 2008

Kick Ass Chicken Recipes v 1.0

On any given day about 30000000000000000000000 people in America eat chicken for dinner. This, of course, is my personal estimation. Everyone has chicken in their freezer. If you don't, then you are on your way to the store to get some or worse....you are a vegetarian...or vegan.
I plan on spicing up le Poulet at my house. My goal is to get you excited about chicken again. Well, not really...but it sounded nice, eh?
This week I made an awesome chicken recipe and I plan on making it in the very near future. It's called Crispy Potato Chicken. Doesn't sound exciting does it? Maybe if we changed it to something fancy smancy like, Dijon and Lemon Garlic Chicken. That is not too exciting either, but you get the idea.
Here's what you need to make it:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about2 large or 3 small ones)
2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
1/2 Tsp. Garlic, Chopped
1 Potato, Grated
1/2 Tsp. Oil
1/2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tsp. Pepper

Now, I am a recipe rebel. I always add extra ingredients that I know we love eat. For example...2 teaspoons of garlic for 4 chicken breasts ain't cuttin' it at my house. I chopped up at least 7 cloves. We love garlic...and in abundance is even better. I also added more dijon mustard because the amount listed was just...sparse. I used shredded frozen potatoes because it was easier and I happen to have them on hand. I also discovered halfway into making this that I was plum out of lemon juice. So, I used lemon pepper instead. And of course I added salt, because...who doesn't?!

Here is how you make them:
Arrange chicken in a 9x9 baking pan of dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil or butter. Set aside. Combine mustard and garlic together. Spread over the chicken breasts. Set aside. Mix potatoes, oil and lemon juice (or in my case lemon pepper and salt)
and spread over chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 25-35 minutes or until juices run clear.

Here is my masterpiece:And a close up:
I served this with peas. The Fourthling was ecstatic as you can see below:
And the gag reflex kicked in:

The boy hates peas.
But feeding them to him is sooooo entertaining.







No comments: