January 21, 2008

A Review

Ok, I know ya'll have been waiting on bated breath for my next recipe review from "Deceptively Delcious". We tried the Sweet Potato Pancakes the other night. See the little beauties below:



These were fantastic! Everyone LOVED these. Even the dog! This will be a regular meal at our house. Here's what you need to make them:
1 C. Water
1/2 C. Sweet Potato Puree
1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice (I used Cinnamon)
1 C. Pancake Mix (I used Maple Grove Farms organic buckwheat blend)
Pure Maple Syrup

I cut and roasted my sweet potatoes in the oven for about an hour on 400. Then I peeled the skin off and cut into small pieces to fit into my food processor. Then I processed until smooth and creamy.
In a large bowl combine the sweet potatoes, water and cinnamon. Add pancake mix and stir. Using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour onto hot griddle. Serve with Pure Maple Syrup and butter.

These are super easy to make and make a great meal for day or night. The halfling even exclaimed, "These are better than Mumu's!" Which is a total compliment because her pancakes are infamous.

I am thinking of making a huge batch of these and freezing them for quick breakfasts. They are so much better than the store bought kind.

And because this post is rather boring and lacking of witty comments...here is a funny picture.

No comments: