March 10, 2008

Guten Tag. Ich heisse Hope!

You know, I took German for 2 semesters and I actually made an A in the damn class. And the above statement is all I can remember. I think I can say my ABC's and count to 10 or something, but I don't think that really counts in polyglot-ism. It wouldn't help me if I needed to find the little girls room or a jumbo tampon in Germany now would it? Nope.

Yeah, so it's been forever since I have updated my blog, so sue me. Today IS your day! I can't sleep because of daylight saving, and I have a distinct feeling that come 6 AM I will regret my decision to stay up and peck away on the laptop at 1 AM while listening to the Bourne Supremacy DVD Menu song repeat over and over again because I am too lazy to get up and find the remote.

So, not much has been happening in our household lately. Same shit, different day...as I always say. I have made some yummy bento's lately. Wanna see? Of course you do! Let's dance with the devil!
OK, here we have the halflings lunch of steamed carrots and baby corn, and yaki onigiri (soy sauce seared sushi rice stuffed with pulled seasoned pork)
And the bottom tier has two Hebrew National octo-dogs and a small container of organic ketchup. None of that high fructose corn syrup crap in our house! A fish shaped boiled egg and 2 small laughing cow cheese cubes. I seared the hot dogs in a frying pan after cutting them to give them a octopus look.
And the whole set in it's entirety. Who doesn't want to eat of this cute little contraption? It says "Gee!" on the back. I have no clue what that means, but I am assuming it means "Ribbit" in some weird Japanese translation. Whatev's!

No comments: