February 14, 2008

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

I fully embrace that when I became pregnant with the halfling many moons ago I would subsequently loose millions of brain cells. I accepted that fact when I found myself standing in line during my lunch break at Subway and completely forgot what bread was. Bread? What's that? I couldn't think of the word bread. "Yes, Mr. Subway Sandwich fixer, I'll have the 6" white.......uh, uummmmm.....you know......fluffy stuff." If losing 89374509823674065983 brain cells once wasn't enough, I went for round 2 with the fourthling. And, one day in the near future I plan on doing it again. Don't ask me why, but I do have a contingency plan to hold onto at least 5 brain cells. One for each member of the family. I figure that is all I really need anyway.
So tonight we decide to go out to eat my with in laws. We gather up all the brats and start on our merry way. Kyle is in an exceptionally pissy mood, as he always is when he wakes up in the late afternoon. It takes him at least 4 hours to get over his bitchiness. We finally arrive at the restaurant. The fourthling was screaming at the top of his lungs and the halfling was happy as a clam making fart noises in the crook of his arm for the entire car ride. I had a screaming headache. It was then that I realized I couldn't find my purse. I remember having it at the car with me, because I put it on the trunk before I began strapping the fourthling into his car seat. Then I got in the driver seat. And off we went.
Somewhere in between I lost my purse. We started the drive back home, thinking and hoping that I left it inside the house.

Nope. Not there.

The Spaz
was excited to see us again. She had to spend a whole 20 minutes alone, you know. That is absolute torture for her.

Not in the driveway either. Or the street.
Now, I am panicking.
Our neighbor walks over and asks if I lost a purse.
Um, Yeah!
He said the neighbor down the street found it.
I went running (well, not really...but I walked really fast) to his house.
Sweet Jeebus! He had the damn thing! I petted it and kissed it. Threw it up in the air in utter delight. First I was happy, then I was angry. Bad purse. Baaaaad purse. You're in deep trouble for scaring me like that. Don't ever do that again!
Evidentially our neighbor found it about 1/4 of a mile from our house.
And yes, I left it on the trunk.
At least it wasn't one of the brats. Or worse....the new laptop!

No comments: